Benefits of parks
Parks provide vital benefits and opportunities for people, communities and the environment. Almost without knowing it, these spaces are central to our everyday lives, whether that is through being a place where we can meet with friends, take part in local nature trails, play sport, use the play areas or take the dog for a walk. Parks also benefit wildlife and promote mental and physical health.
· Enhanced public health; both physical and mental.
· Places to meet and socialise.
· Opportunities to build a sense of community.
· Access and a connection with nature.
· Economic benefits including tourism
· Opportunities to battle against climate change
· Safer neighbourhoods
· Green infrastructure
· Opportunities for children to explore, play and learn
· Access to arts and culture