Volunteering in your local park or open space is great way to help improve your local community, gain new skills, meet new people, get some fresh air and improve your health and wellbeing. As part of our recent campaign to support parks and open spaces we have a calendar of volunteer opportunities for you to get involved with – tasks, sites and times vary so hopefully there is something for you.
All sessions need to be booked via the links on each session and we will be following covid-19 guidelines to ensure your volunteering experience is safe. To volunteer we ask:
- That you are 18 or over. Under 18s can volunteer as long as they are accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult. Each person does need to book on to the session separately though.
- Where possible bring your own gloves (we will give you a pair if you do not have any). You are welcome to bring along your own (task appropriate) tools if you wish. You will be issued with any relevant tools for the task which will be for your sole use during the session.
- Please bring along your own refreshments for the session (we would normally provide these but to keep covid-19 risks to a minimum, we are asking you to bring your own).
- That you have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility for the activity described. Please note that some areas where tasks will be carried out will be on uneven ground. If you have any concerns about accessibility for the tasks please contact us for more information.
- That you wear sturdy footwear and appropriate clothing (warm, waterproof and something you don’t mind getting dirty).
- If you can no longer attend a session you booked on to, that you contact us so we can offer the place to another volunteer.
If you have symptons of covid-19 or are in a period of isolation please do not attend volunteering sessions.
If you have any queries or need more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0115 9152733.
We look forward to working alongside you on Nottingham’s parks and open spaces.